NodeOS is an operating system created with Linux and NMP
NodeOS is basically an operating system, powered by NMP
The NodeOS is essentially a Node JS positioned operating system, created off of the Linux Kernal. The project of NodeOS is targeting to, and that can already run on few of the following stages:
· Container providers like Vagga and Docker
· PaaS providers like Joyent’s Manta or Heroku
· Virtual Machines like KVM, VMWare, QEmu, VirtualBox
· Cloud providers like Rackspace or Amazon, Joyent
· Real hardware like, Laptops, desktops or SoC’s
The development of core is being done in layers. Some dissimilarity could be there to adjust better to each target stages, but the common structure is:
· Usersfs Multi-users environment same as traditional operating systems
· Rootfs Read-only division image for hosting initramfs files and Linux kernel.
· Initramfs Initram is an environment for mounting the users division and boot the system.
· Barbones tradition Linux kernel with an initramfs that is booted by the system.
Remember that NodeOS is the combination of Linux and NMP