How to Install Android OS on your PC and Laptop
Are you an android die-hard lover and want it on your PC? The Remix OS is your solutions. The Remix OS is an Android-x86 based project. The Android-x86 has combined resources with Remix OS. The project not only brings the Android Operating System to your laptops and PC, but multi-tasking has also gotten better on Android like never before.
Peradventure, you might have downloaded the OS, but as it is with many, find it difficult to install. I will guide you through this comprehensive steps to install Remix OS 2.0 on your PC. Whether you are booting the Remix OS 2.0 from your USB drive or want to keep the Android OS and dual boot, we got you covered in this post.
- Remix OS and Remix OS USB installer.
- Torrent Downloading Client.
- USB 3.0.
- 8 GB USB Drive (FAT32 Format).
- BIOS with Legacy Boot Mode Enabled and disabled secure boot.
- Windows PC.
The current installation tool only supports Windows 7, 8, and 10 OS with a minimum capacity of 8GB. If you wish to run Remix OS on any system other than Windows, then you need to install Remix OS on a flash drive.
Steps on how to install Android OS on your PC
Download the Remix OS for PC package, this contains the Remix OS for PC ROM and installation tool.
Open the remix OS installation tool. You will see it has two fields, in one, you wil add the path of the ISO file of the Remix OS on your computer. The second field requires that you select the Hard disk partition on which this tool will install the OS.
- In the “ISO file”, select the remix OS for PC ISO file.
- Under “Type”, select “USB drive” for USB flash drive installation or select “hard disk” for hard drive installation.
- In the “drive” field, choose the drive you want to install the OS on.
- Click “Ok” to proceed with the installation
Once this is done, the Remix OS installation tool will copy the files and write the Bootloader to the hard drive.
Remix OS installation tool
- Dowloading files done
- Extracting and copying files
- Installation of bootloader
- Installation completed, root
- Reboot your PC
- Choose Remix OS in Windows Boot Menu
- F12 —> Dell and Lenovo
- F9 —> HP
- Option key for Mac