How to make bootable USB without using any software
Sounds crazy bit it is real! For creating a bootable USB drive manually, we will use Command Prompt in the process of Windows default program. Now we are going to tell you the process to create bootable USB drive as a Windows installation media step by step. At least minimum 4 GB space is required. If capacity is large so it is better.
Here are some steps through which you will be able to make bootable USB without using any software.
- First at all, insert your USB drive to your computer while running. Then run Command Prompt as administrator. For doing this, go to Windows Start Menu type ‘cmd’ in the search box to find cmd. After the searching, you will see results of CMD after that select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Now type ‘diskpart’ on Command Prompt remember that do not use quotes after that, hit Enter. Wait until the DISKPART program run.
- Once program runs, type ‘list disk’ to view functioning disks on your computer after that, hit Enter. The active disk will be shown as Disk 0 for the hard drive and Disk 1 for your USB drive along its total capacity.
- Now type ‘select disk 1’ to identify that disk 1 will process in the very next step then hit Enter.
- Now for removing all the data in the drive just type ‘clean’ and hit Enter.
- For creating a primary partition and additional recognized by Windows as ‘partition 1’.
- For choosing the ‘partition 1’ to set it as an active partition, type ‘create partition primary’ and hit Enter.
- To activate current partition, type ‘active’ and hit Enter.
- For formatting current partition speedily as NTFS file system, type ‘format fs=ntfs quick’ and hit Enter.
- Now leave DISKPART program but remember that do not close the Command Prompt we will still need it for further processing, type ‘exit’ and hit Enter.
Now it’s time to enjoy this trick through which you can make bootable USB without using any software with ease.